The MSN Custom Header Ad takes advantage of the responsive design of MSN. An Advertiser can choose to display a single creative across all three page widths (2-, 3-, 4-column views), or can customize the creative for each of the page widths. The creative can re-animate on page resize, if desired. The user can hide the ad experience and then reopen it later, similar to the Billboard experience.
IMPORTANT: Click here to open the most up to date specs on the Microsoft creative specs page - from there, you can click on the "MSN Custom Header" spec link under the "MSN Display" section. It is vital that you download the full spec sheet, the specs included below are purely for quick-reference.
Third Party Specs (Quick-Reference)
- Accepted 3rd parties: Sizmek, DoubleClick
- Dimensions: 1272x92, 970x70, 628x45
- Accepted format: GIF/JPG/HTML5
- Back-up image file size: 50kb
- Initial load max file size: 300kb
- Secondary file download: 400kb
- User-Initiated file download: 3mb
- Download the full spec sheet from the Microsoft Spec Center as per the instructions above.
- All concepts/storyboards must be submitted at least 10 working days before the campaign live date.
- All images and content are appropriate to the general audience nature of the page.
- All assets must be SSL compliant - securely served (https://)
- Minimise the device load for the user as much as possible - ads causing excessive load will be rejected.
- All creatives are subject to approval - we reserve the right to request changes for brand equity/user experience reasons.
- Mi9 may at its absolute discretion refuse to publish any advertisement on the Mi9 network.
- Mi9 reserves the right to reject / remove any rich media ad that does not meet its creative specifications, contravenes internal guidelines or adversely affects network website performance, other ad placements or user experience.
- Mi9 reserves the right to remove or request the removal / revision of any creative that is deemed unsuitable or in conflict with the content, audience, commercial objectives or IP, including (but not limited to) requesting the removal of any competitor branding from advertisements.
Timelines & Delivery
- All 3rd party creative should be delivered via 3rd party ad serving tags.
- All material must be delivered at least five (5) working days prior to campaign launch to ensure technical compatibility and internal concept approval.
- If creative is late an estimated % of impressions equivalent to the forecasted daily inventory level will be cancelled from the total impressions booked.
- Visit the Microsoft Creative Specs page for full technical documentation, build guides etc.